TryHackMe: Complete Beginner
- author:: Nathan Acks
- date:: 2021-10-19
Rock ‘em To the Core
spool command can be used to save all Metasploit console output to a log file, which can be useful for record-keeping.
Modules for Every Occasion!
Core Metasploit modules:
- EXPLOIT code;
- Post-exploitation PAYLOADs;
- AUXILIARY functions, such as scanning machines for vulnerabilities;
- POST exploitation tools for “looting” and pivoting;
- An ENCODER module for obfuscating exploits;
- And finally a module called NOP that includes tools for exploiting buffer overflows and return-orientated programming.
Note that Metasploit 6 apparently calls these “framework plugins” now.